Juice Your Way Into the New Year
Resolutions… Goal setting… Intentions… Sometimes, these words hold too much weight at the dawn of a New Year. Let us put those aside and juice your way into the New year!
Our goal is not to lose weight or change your diet – but instead, share with you why adding juicing to your diet can lead to a happier & healthier year.
Resolution: Be Happier
It sounds so simple, but this is one resolution that we would all like to obtain! Even if everything adds up – your family dynamic is great, your work is your passion, and live somewhere with plenty of sunshine, we can still feel down more often than we would like. There is no need to punish yourself for feeling down – oftentimes, it is what is inside of you that does it. Typically, these downtimes are chemical and that means you can lift yourself back up with good-for-you food.
There was an interesting study on PBS recently that linked inflammation with depression. This means that an anti-inflammatory diet could significantly help symptoms of depression. Adding both of these two foods (or supplements) to your diet or throwing them into your daily juice or smoothie is very easy, and are very powerful, anti-inflammatory foods:
- Turmeric (curcumin)
- Omega-3 (fish or fish oil)
Resolution: Be Healthier
Boost energy and fight disease this year by incorporating these 5 foods into your daily life. Yes, we really do mean, daily! Upping your juice game by adding a couple of these to your daily creation can add so many benefits to your diet.
- Lemons: Tart but delicious, they are anti-inflammatory, can inhibit cancer cell growth, increases “good” cholesterol levels, and have a good amount of vitamin C.
- Broccoli: These little trees are anti-inflammatory and are cancer-fighting rock-stars. Plus, they are packed with Vitamin K & Vitamin C; this combination can help build healthy bones.
- Dark Chocolate: Only a fourth ounce, enjoyed daily can reduce blood pressure and bad cholesterol. Bonus, it can improve your mood!
- Salmon, Fish, Flax Seeds, & Walnuts: All of these hold Omega-3 fatty acids, which can help the brain work better, reduce bad cholesterol, and reduce the risk for heart disease.
- Spinach: Just call us Popeye! Spinach is an anti-inflammatory food, cancer-fighting, and help with improving your eye health. We suggest tossing a handful in with your eggs every morning
Cooking not your thing, but still want a healthy dinner? At Intelligent Gourmet – we’ve got you covered! Stop in today, enjoy some of our fresh juices & grab a few of our favorite dishes to go, #gourmetontheGO.