Fourth of July Party-Friendly Vegan Food!
The 4th of July has got to be the most challenging national holiday on the Vegan calendar, right next to Turkey Da— I mean, Thanksgiving. For many Americans, the 4th of July is as much about barbecued meat as it is about freedom and apple pie. But with these recipes, you’ll not only enjoy a healthy holiday, you might win over some converts.
Red-White-and Blueberry Vegan Parfait
If you’re brave with a large knife, I highly recommend making this from a fresh coconut.
2 cups blueberries
3 cups strawberries
fresh mint for garnish
1. Slice 2 cups of strawberries and toss with a squeeze of lime, then sprinkle with a pinch of stevia. Set aside. This will bring out their sweetness.
2. Hack off the top of a young coconut and carefully pour out the liquid into blender. Then scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Blend about 1/2 cup coconut water with the coconut flesh until it has a creamy consistency. Pour into parfait glasses. Refrigerate.
3. Blend 1 cup of strawberries with 1/3 Cup dates for a delicious raw strawberry sauce. Set aside.
4. In a food processor, coarsely chop walnuts, 1 cup of pitted dates, and cinnamon to taste until it makes a sticky, granola-like crumble.
5. Pile the sliced strawberries and blueberries into the coconut cream-filled parfait glasses, pour strawberry sauce over it, then top with the walnut-date granola. Garnish with fresh mint and serve!
Stars and Bars
Here’s a fun one – follow the recipe for this Paleo-Vegan-Gluten-Free banana bread from Foodie Fiasco and cut into “bars.” Then, using a cookie cutter, cut stars out of pineapples, using a toothpick to place on top. Add a blueberry too if you like!
Looking for more Fourth of July party inspiration? We’ve got a Pinterest board for that!
Have a happy Fourth of July!